Total Pageviews
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Journalism Explores the Blogging World!
Today is my first day blogging here in Journalism Class. Students are starting up their blogs. It is a gray, cloudy day here on the Pine Ridge Reservation.
Tonight is the boys' basketball banquet. Last night, we had a sweat here at Red Cloud, with lots of people in attendance.
In Journalism, we are starting blogs so that students can experiment with and experience the world of online journalism. We have created a regular student newspaper, The Blue Pages, but are now venturing into the online world of news reporting.
During this week, students need to write four blog posts by Friday. Each blog post should cover a different style of journalistic writing. For example, some of the options students have are hard news (Red Cloud High School news), features, reviews (film, movie, video games, etc.), editorials, sports, creative writing, cultural writing, humor, and so forth.
During this semester, besides our newspaper work, we have also worked with producing news video broadcasts. Another option to explore is the production of podcasts.
On the topic of our new project of blogs, senior student Jeremiah says, "It's cool. I like it. You can write about whatever, whatever is on your mind."
On working on the blog project, Shaina says, "I like it. It gives us more freedom."
In the changing world of journalism, I think it is good to have students work with new forms of media. Also, I think it is always a positive thing to have students writing each day, especially in different styles of writing.
Hopefully, the Journalism students will improve their interviewing, researching, and writing skills.
Senior Tristen ambled in out of nowhere. He states, "I'm glad to be alive and living another day in Tunkash country." Thank you, Tristen.
Tristen is currently producing a basketball highlight film for tonight's banquet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment